Sunday, February 6, 2011

037

I like the lighting in this picture.
TODAY, Emily and I went to Fired Up and painted these big mugs :D This could become an addiction for me, I can tell. It's so fun! I didn't get a good picture of Emily's, but it's got a dragonfly on the other side, and those purple dots are like it's flight pattern.. also, she added grass to the bottom of the mug and a purple lip to the top after I'd taken this picture.. it was so cute!

My mega-mug :)
I went the simpler route and used only one color paint. Also learned from last time and didn't try to do any super-detailed patterns. I gotta say, I love the way it turned out, and I can't wait to see how it looks next week after it's been glazed and fired. The blue will be a lot darker, so I'm interested to see how those brush strokes end up looking.


Hanging out with Emily today was so fun! She wanted to go to Fired Up before she left the country next weekend, so we made a girl's day of it. We ate dinner at Panera after painting for a few hours and we just got to know each other a little better. It was really fun! So glad that Barry found her and brought her to Nashville :) She's a good friend.

Josh and Barry have been creating a map together on Halo since this afternoon. It looks really awesome, but it was just kinda funny when Em and I got back to the house and Josh was sitting there making this world with Barry over the XBox. So yeah, it looks awesome and I'm pretty excited to watch them play a game or two on it this evening with their crew :)

No comments:

Post a Comment