Wednesday, April 6, 2011

096


I experienced Gabby's for the first time today for lunch. Oh. My. Goodness. It was delicious... Everything was delicious. And it's such a cool place because everything is "homemade" and local and grass fed. Seriously, check out the link above - their website is awesome and it's got a ton of character, just like the restaurant. We went with Barry and Emily, which was cool because everyone there knew them! And despite being very busy, the workers knew the MacD's orders off the top of their heads. The owner, Doug, started making Emily's veggie burger way before we were even at the front of the line. It's just the kind of down-to-earth, homey place that makes you feel good about supporting it, haha. And I'm pretty sure that he named the place after his daughter, and all the burgers after his family members - adorable. We'll definitely be going back. :) Thanks, Barry and Emily! P.S. Gabby's desserts are heavenly too...


Unfortunately, I got hit with a migraine mid-lunch, so I've spent the day in bed with the covers over my head, listening to Adventures in Odyssey, and that's helped a little :P I promise the headache had nothing to do with the food! You should still put Gabby's on your list of places to visit! I went to bed last night feeling like I might get a headache today, and around the time we sat down to eat, I started seeing 'static lines,' which always means I'm about to get a bad headache. And on the way home, I did :/

That's part of why I'm posting so early - I don't want to have to stay up to post my blog later this evening if my head is still bothering me. Plus Josh left on his bike to run some errands, and I don't want to accidentally fall asleep in case he tries to call me!

Again, I really encourage you to check out Gabby's website (I even linked it for you again!) and then when you're totally awed by the story and the mindset of the place, try to make it over there for lunch sometime! You won't regret it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment