Monday, May 23, 2011

143


There was no 'game night' tonight because Josh's Pop-pop is leaving tomorrow and we wanted to see him one last time. So we went over to the Taylor's for dinner! Pop-pop isn't a man of too many words, but he's always been so sweet and treats me like family already. You know that saying, "You don't just marry the guy, you marry the whole family?" Well, that turned out to be a blessing for me. ♥ It was good to give him a big hug before he goes on his way to Ohio!

The boys played ping pong for a long time - they supposedly had a hilarious 20 minute discussion about the rules of serving, and I should be so bummed that I missed it... Josh just told me the whole story. It seemed like a "you had to be there" thing, and I wasn't even there, so I don't think it'll translate haha. But I am glad that they had fun!

Amy made this really yummy and rich Lemon Merengue Pie that I could actually eat because she used almond milk and stevia, and it was seriously delicious. It wasn't super sweet, but that's ok, you know? Not all desserts have to be. She kept saying she wasn't happy with the way it turned out, but I thought it was wonderful. Amy is a talented baker. Everything she makes is scrumptious! (Does anyone else think of the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang every single time they hear the word scrumptious? No? Just me? Ok.)

Now that I have the Truly Scrumptious song stuck in my head, I'm gonna go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment