Monday, July 4, 2011

185

Obligatory fireworks picture. From the neighborhood.
We got to skype with Jen today!!! Jen's in Romania with her church, working with a group of girls who grew up orphans and she's just loving the heck out of them! I have never seen my Jen look so happy - she's just radiating joy and she's gorgeous! She gave us a mini-tour of her room and awesome back porch - the neighborhood she's in is so charming! Colorful houses with red roofs, white trim, and gardens... It was so beautiful. It was 9pm her time and still light outside! The sun doesn't go down til about 10:30, she said. She told us about a typical day for her and - I just haven't seen her so happy in a long time. I'm so glad she got to go on this trip and I'll be praying with her for God to give her wisdom and discernment and direction about maybe going back again, for longer. So far, that's been the best part of my day! :) We love our Jen. 

The rest of the day, we hung out on the couch watching TV shows on Netflix while Josh fell in and out of sleep. I wish he could sleep longer during the day - I'm convinced that he would feel better sooner if he could sleep more - but he only naps throughout the day for 20-30 minutes at a time, then he'll wake up because his throat hurts him :( We're going to go to the doctor tomorrow. We were gonna go today, but it's July 4 so everyone is closed! We didn't do anything to celebrate Independence Day.. I stepped outside for a little to watch the fireworks from afar, but I couldn't really see anything. Shrug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment