Tuesday, July 5, 2011

186


Well, the doc says that Josh has mono. :/ There aren't any meds to speed up the healing process - it just has to run it's course. She said it could take anywhere from two weeks to six months for him to fully recuperate.. it just depends on how things go. I'm praying for the two weeks one! Ha ha. I'm praying he'll feel better by the end of this week. I just hate seeing him hurting, without any real way to make him less miserable. We did find that orange juice popsicles are soothing to his throat! So I'm going to stock up on juices and try to keep popsicles or cold smoothies made up for him. 

Today's been kind of hard. On the one hand, it's nice to know what's been causing his sore throat and fever and all that. But on the other hand, there's nothing we can do to speed things along - we already eat healthy, drink lots of water, and take supplements to help his immune system along, which is what they tell you to do when you have mono. He's just gotta rest... So we're doing everything we can already! Thankfully he's slept a lot more today than he has been the last few days.

So please be praying for us! For Josh that he'll get better quickly (and that his poor throat will stop hurting him! It wakes him up all the time...) and for me that I won't get sick, and that I can get the rest I need to keep my body's defenses strong. I've been sleeping lightly lately, so every time he wakes up with with throat pain, I wake up too. It feels so helpless when I can't do anything for him :(. But I'm already more susceptible to viruses - I need to get adequate rest if I'm gonna resist this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment