Monday, August 15, 2011

227


Three years ago today (August 15th, 2008), Josh took me on a little drive to the place we met (his old church). We sat on the hood of his car and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I agreed! But I wasn't feeling well that day, so I, uh... wasn't as outwardly thrilled as I should have been. Thinking back on my lack of enthusiasm, I'm horrified! What a silly girl I was. Thankfully he decided to stick with me anyway!

It's important to us to celebrate the big dates - when we met, when we finally admitted to each other that we had feelings, when we started dating, the first time we kissed, the night he proposed, and of course our wedding (our first anniversary is two weeks away, bee tee dubs). So since we started dating, we've tried to have a date night around the 15th of each month, in honor of that first 15th. Which, of course, means that on AUGUST 15th - the day that "officially" started it all  - on August 15th, we've gotta go bigger than the usual "15th" dinner-and-a-movie date night. 

For our first anniversary (2009), we drove to Crossville, TN to visit the world's largest treehouse. It was our first "road trip" together. If you can even call an hour-and-a-half-drive a road trip. :p We had a blast.. Packed up a picnic, took lots of goofy pictures.. I don't have any photos of the treehouse anymore :/ but Josh used all the pictures I'd taken during the drive to make the above collage. He gave it to me a week later. Isn't he the sweetest? :D

Last Year's August 15th (2010), I surprised Josh with another mini road trip. With two weeks to go before our wedding, I wanted to take him somewhere he would never guess we were going, but he would love once we got there. So we drove up to Cave City, KY to visit Dinosaur World! Josh has always loved dinosaurs, so I knew he'd appreciate the goofy/cheesy little family park. All the pictures we took there are still in film form (we were enjoying my newish 35mm camera at the time-didn't even take a digital one).. I'm so ashamed at my photo filing practices right now. But rest assured that we had a BLAST ♥

So now it's the third anniversary of when we started dating. I'm sure sometime down the road we'll combine the celebrations of our dating anniversary and our wedding anniversary since they're so close, but for now it's fun to celebrate both separately. 

Since I surprised Josh last year, it's his turn to surprise me this year. I have no idea where we're going or what we're doing, but he woke me up this morning and told me to pack a light overnight bag! And he says I'll love the surprise. :D I'm so excited. 

We're about to leave now, but I'll be sure to let you in on the surprise tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment