Thursday, August 25, 2011

237



I burnt my fingers cooking dinner :( ouchie... Check out those hawt mismatched band-aids though! Straight ballin'.

I recently stumbled upon a homeschooling blog called Encouraging Hearts at Home that I enjoy reading.. Josh and I have had numerous discussions about our desire to homeschool our own children one day, so I figure I can get a head start by reading Misty's blog! She's on the tail end of a project inspired by Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts - every Monday, she lists things she's thankful for, with the goal of listing 1,000 by Thanksgiving.

Her project inspires me! It's easy for me to get sucked up in the negatives when I'm always on the verge of feeling sick. So I feel like this would be beneficial to take part in... retrain my brain to look at things more positively/ focus on the blessings in my life instead of the negatives.

Now, there are thirteen weeks until Thanksgiving. Which gives me 91 days. So here's the dilemma: should I attempt to fit 1000 gifts in by Thanksgiving? That's 11 items every day. I know that would get overwhelming, especially on the inevitable evenings when I've waited until the last minute to write my blog... So maybe I should do more of a weekly thing - just keep a running list to post on a chosen day each week and see how many I can come up with by Thanksgiving (I doubt it would be 1000 but I'd be interested to see how far I'd get!). Folks, I think I just talked myself into a weekly post...

Yep, here it is: Thankful Thursdays. Huh? Huh? How you like them apples?? I even threw some alliteration in there so it's easy for you people to remember. I know. You're welcome. Oh, stop, you're making me blush ^_^

The secret, I think, will be to stockpile them throughout the week so I don't have to come up with all of 'em in one day, like I'm doing today. So here it is... THE MAIDEN VOYAGE ... #1-35:

carrot fries - my family - God's provision - healthy food - Teitur - two cars (so when one is having trouble, we can still get to where we need to be) - electric fans - Waking the Dead by John Eldredge - my sweet husband's willingness to do the laundry - one year of marriage (on Monday!) - that Josh gets to work from home - healing (even the kind that comes through tears) - salvation - our cute town home - a great landlord - clean, cold water - a patient husband - my awesome family-in-law - being a housewife - Star Wars - feeling pretty - Fiddler on the Roof - cooler days -  Josh's beautiful green eyes - salmon - Josh's perfect fried potatoes - ranch dressing - ACV - electric dishwasher - Blimey Cow - iron supplements - waking up to phone calls from Momma - salt baths - back massages - this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment