Friday, August 26, 2011

238


This afternoon, I was in a serious mood for something sweet. There are grapes in the fridge, and orange juice popsicles in the freezer, but I didn't want that kind of sweet. I wanted bad for you sweet. I wanted chocolate cake. Enter Chef Jess's Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake (found via Pinterest). If you've been in my house during the last month or so, you've probably noticed the printed-off recipe dangling from our cups cabinet - it's taken me a while to muster the courage to try it, but today I finally did it. It was so easy, and yummy too! Just the appropriate amount of chocolate to satisfy me for a few weeks. It did taste like it'd been microwaved, though. Josh says, "it tastes like a chocolate nuclear bomb," hahaha. For what it is, it's amazing (oh, and did I mention it only takes five minutes to make?!). 

So if you're looking for a rich, moist, died-and-gone-to-heaven chocolate cake, don't make this one. That kind of perfection takes time (and lots of love!). But this is a great trick to have up your sleeve when you want to satisfy those chocolate cake cravings in a pinch! (F.Y.I. - The cake only came up to about halfway in our mega-mug. But we shared it and it was more than enough. I'd be willing to bet that a scoop of ice cream on top would be incredible..)

We're over at the Taylor's now to work on a top secret Blimey Cow project... We've had a lot of fun coming up with ideas for this one, forrealzyouguyz. Josh and I stayed up for like an hour after we'd gotten into bed, brainstorming and laughing at our own ideas in the dark. You guys wouldn't believe how goofy Josh and I can be. Wouldn't. Believe it. On second thought, it's probably just a you-had-to-be-there kinda thing..

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the mug cake! I definitely use the recipe for when I'm craving something sweet...and fast!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete