Sunday, November 20, 2011

324


Joshie is back in town for Thanksgiving! I was really good to see him.. When we got there, Joshie was showing mom and Alex some music videos on YouTube. Let me tell you. My mom. LOVES. "Moves Like Jagger." She and I had a full-on dance party to it...  If you can imagine my mom in Christmas PJs, doing the Jagger strut... It was hilarious. She is adorable. We all had lunch and watched the Titans game for a little bit, until Josh and I had to go. Josh helped Jordan out with a science project by filming a short video for Jordan's group project. Jen came over and kept Amy and me company while everyone else was in the back room filming. Now we're playing that Hidden in Plain View game again. IT'S FUN. But for some reason I am really worn out. I won't have any trouble falling asleep tonight!

My old swim coach found me on facebook this morning! It got me to thinking back to when I swam competitively... Wishing I hadn't quit! I chose to quit in high school because I didn't have any energy and was generally just not feeling well - that was right before I was diagnosed with Crohn's. My high school coach (different guy) told me I'd probably regret it, but I didn't believe him, haha. He was right, though! I wouldn't have been able to keep up with the crazy training schedule, but I wish I hadn't quit completely! Anyway, back to Coach Barnes. He was a good coach. I'm pretty sure I was in Jr High/early high school when Barnes led the team. He cared about us enough to push us beyond what we thought we could do, and I learned a lot of discipline from him. We worked so hard! I seriously threw up so many times during practice back then... Haha. That can't have been good for my digestive system. One time, I threw up during a morning practice, so he asked what I'd eaten for breakfast. The answer was "Cracklin' Oat Bran." He replied, "I would've thrown up if I'd eaten bran for breakfast too! You shouldn't eat cereal before morning practices anymore..." I think about that every time I hear the word "bran," hahaha

Ok I'm tired. It's been a good day. G'night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment