Friday, December 23, 2011

356


Photo Challenge for December 22nd: Winter.

Check out my legit snowflake garland! This is about as much snow as we'll see this winter, I'm sure. I had so much fun making this! I owe all the successful snowflakes to Vintage Junky (for her 8 point star pattern) and How About Orange (for her 5-point star pattern). I used a couple tutorials in the beginning to get the hang of making them, but I had a lot of fun making up my own patterns too :) 

Here's another picture of the garland "in progress." 


Josh and I hosted our first-ever Christmas party tonight! The Taylors were kind enough to let us use their house because ours would have been bursting at the seams with this many people in it. I think it went really well! :) We played Dirty Santa (aka "Yankee Swap"):

Jon got these socks. Totally suit him. 
Everyone helped us out and brought a snack food (check out Nyk and Cali's adorable contribution!):


And, OF COURSE, we played games. It wouldn't be a Taylor party if there weren't games involved! Josh got to try out one of his new games, Werewolf, tonight... it's kinda like Mafia, but there are extra rules you can throw into the mix to keep it interesting. We pretty much stuck to the standard rules this time and it was a lot of fun, but you KNOW that the next time we play we'll try out those extra twists. (BTW I have to mention how good Josh is at moderating these kinds of games. He's so fun!) 


I'd say the party was a success! I had a great time, and everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. That's always encouraging :) And it was fun to have people over that we hadn't seen in a long while... Micah, Luke, Molly, Jon&Katie.. So glad they all could come :)

You guys I did not sleep well last night. I tossed and turned and then I woke up at 5 and just... laid there... Finally at 8 I just got up. It was definitely nice to have the extra time to get things done - today has been very productive! But I'm exhausted. So it is high time for this Kelli to head home and collapse into bed. G'night, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment