Wednesday, August 24, 2011

236


This is the sorry state of our front steps (not pictured: the monster-plant taking over most of our tiny porch). I'm not proud of it! But since the HOA takes care of the lawn, Josh and I don't really need any lawn care tools... And since we're renting, I don't feel comfortable with overhauling the landscaping. I'd rather learn how to do all that once it's my own garden that I'm potentially messing up, haha... So since we don't spend any time keeping our plants in order, this guy has slowly been allowed to overtake our steps and porch.. Shame, shame. I'll have to see if a pair of wimpy office scissors will do the trick, and if not, maybe I can just shove all it back into the bushes? Don't judge me!

On a completely unrelated note, I've had Sabbath Prayer from Fiddler on the Roof stuck in my head most of today. Particularly the very beginning: "May the Lord protect and defend you; may He always shield you from shame." I've always loved that part of the movie... Everything slows down so the whole town can focus on God, and they start the Sabbath with a blessing from the parents to the children. I've always just thought it was so beautiful and meaningful. Annnnnd now I want to watch Fiddler on the Roof! If I Were A Rich Man = the best scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment