Wednesday, May 11, 2011

131

The tenacious face of Victory.
Today was the first race of the summer Criteria races, AND Jordan's first Category 4 race ever.. and JORDAN WON! He raced soo well. He's learned a lot during his time on the Cumberland team (since last summer's races), and even us non-cyclists could tell a difference in his racing. Early in the race, Josh commented that Jordan seemed more professional. It was so good! Jordan's been saying for the past few days, "I'm gonna win this one, I can feel it. I'm gonna win," and I was kind of afraid he might be getting his hopes up too high for his first cat4 race... but he did it! He knew he could do it and he did so well.

I couldn't get a clear view of the finish line, but this is Jordan right after he crossed:

The silly face of Victory.
He was shaking his head back and forth with this open-mouthed grin on his face, in what looked like a mixture of, "I can't believe I did that," and "I knew I could do that." I wish I would've captured it on video.

So he got to stand in the #1 spot on the podium, and he got a $20 prize, and he gets to hold onto that Champion Belt until the next Criteria Race (which would normally be in one week, but this time it's two).  Here's Jordan's glamour shot (practicing for when he's a celebrity):

The James-Franco face of Victory. 
We're all so proud of you, Jordan! WHATABEAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment