Thursday, February 3, 2011

034


Josh isn't feeling well, so I'll keep this short -- Today, I got this super cute tote bag in the mail from freesetglobal.com. In their words, they're a "fair trade business offering employment to women trapped in Kolkata's sex trade. We make quality jute bags and organic tee-shirts, but our business is freedom!"

I found them through the Not For Sale campaign, which I found through reading the book also named Not For Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade and How We Can Fight It. Incredible. I recommend it, seriously.

This issue hurts my heart and I want to support these women in their fight for freedom. Another neat website I found was nightlightinternational.com, which has beautiful jewelry and it's the same kind of business as Free Set, but based in Bangkok and the United States.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with you guys. Love to all! Pray for my sweet husband--he's not feeling so well :/ Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment