Wednesday, March 9, 2011

068


Duuuuuuuuuude. Today I learned that the time it takes to try different angles and seek different subjects is well worth it. I am so proud of capturing that drip when I did. I do kinda wish it were in focus instead of just-beyond, but I'm still really pleased with how this turned out! And I love the texture in the next photo: 


I took both pictures literally moments after I took this one. It felt like it was only sunny for like five minutes total today.. But I enjoyed the rain!

So today was my second-to-last day at Chick-fil-A. I keep wanting to take my camera and get some cool pictures of my old stomping grounds and the people I've worked with for so long, but I feel really awkward about bringing my camera into work. I don't know. I wouldn't want to get in anyone's way / make anyone feel awkward (especially me). I keep telling myself that it would be a good learning experience to get in the middle of the action - learn to blend into the background so I can steal moments that wouldn't happen in a studio or a slow-paced environment. But it just feels so awkward to me. Maybe it's because everyone there knows me. Or at least, part of me.

The point being that I took my camera to work this morning and only took 3 pictures, all similar to this:


See, Brad's not going to be working on my last last day, so I had to get a quick pic with him before I went home for my break. (I didn't bring my camera back with me. I regret that a little, but we were so busy today it would have been impossible to try.) I'm going to miss Brad! Brad the jokester.  He always has a witty comeback and/or insult, making everybody laugh. And I think he's everybody's favorite to pick on. But that's just because we all like him so much! I've always appreciated Brad's sense of humor. I'll miss you, man! Promise I'll continue to take good care of your BFF Josh after I'm gone. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos!! :)

    I know what you mean. It took me a while to get comfortable with carrying my camera everywhere and taking photos. Eventually people got used to it and now they even question me when I don't bring my camera, haha. Just keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete